ROAD CHECK COMPLETED
Road Check 2015 just completed and we finished in good shape. We had only 1 inspection and no vehicle or HOS violations. It was nice to see drivers pre-tripping equipment and reporting equipment defects to the shop.
There is a new eDVIR form (equipment reporting form) in PeopleNet to use. The best way to use it is to:
- Access it through Duty Status.
- Pick the On-Duty Inspect icon (bottom toward the right).
- Confirm you want to do that by pressing OK
- The Inspection Page should come up wanting you to pick either New or Existing. Do not pick anything at this point. Go ahead and inspect your equipment.
- After inspecting the equipment, if you have a defect to report, then press on the New icon button.
- After inspecting the equipment, if you have NO defects, simply press the Home Button icon. (The DOT no longer requires a driver to send in a message when there are no defects to report)
- If you continue to complete a new eDVIR then you will have options on what type of inspect you are doing. Press either Pre Inter Post or DOT
- Compete all colored required fields and press Done
I received a great safety tip from Dan A. ~ when passing other vehicles; make sure you can see their passenger headlight before coming back over in front of them. That should leave you with enough room to safely get over.
Work Safe…Be Safe