The Maintenance Director plays a key leadership role in the Company. The individual is responsible for the service, maintenance and upkeep of the fleet of all trucks and trailers. Must be able to lead a team of subordinates to accomplish timely completion of tasks and meet goals established by the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure regular service and maintenance of all trucks and trailers.
- Maintain service and maintenance records of all vehicles.
- Assign work areas and tasks to subordinates and ensure the timely completion of work.
- Coordinate the purchase of spare parts and other repair equipment, while maintaining at least 95% accuracy.
- Comply with all safety and industry regulations for all work processes and ensure OSHA compliance.
- Provide insight in speccing equipment to meet specified operational needs.
- Ability to access maintenance operations in relationship to possible acquisitions.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors.
- Lead and manage a team of subordinates effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for maintaining the Out of Service Tractor percentage below 5% daily.
- Responsible for managing the Indirect/Direct labor of the technicians.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Standard Repair Times.
- Manage the warranty process.
- Effectively convey CTS’ PM to PM philosophy while maintaining a PM % above 95% daily for both tractors and trailers.
- Ensure all RO’s are closed within 3 days.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly maintenance reports related to KPIs.
- Attend senior leadership meetings as required.
- Work with finance to develop annual maintenance budget.
- Provide quarterly reviews for subordinates.
- Ensure that team leaders are completing quarterly reviews timely for technicians.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate knowledge through clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage time effectively and meet all specified deadlines.
- Prior knowledge of bid programs for suppliers of the shop programs.
- Understand and efficiently complete all delegated tasks.
- Coordination of snow removal from the CTS yard.
The individual is expected to provide supervision to subordinates, consisting of shift team leaders, parts manager, and shop employees. As a leader in the organization the individual may need to provide general direction to other employees at times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or a general education degree (GED) from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree in mechanical or automobile engineering or other related field of study with 2 – 3 years experience as a maintenance manager.
- Experience with TMT is preferred.