February 15, 2017- Contract Transport Services (CTS) is a leader in providing dedicated and Midwest regional transportation services to many Midwest Fortune 500 companies. At CTS we have a strong reputation for customer service and it has created tremendous growth during the past 10 years. As a result of this growth and expansion, we’re hiring CDL truck drivers in the Escanaba, Michigan area and we want you to join our team. Drive for the company that is a strong career partner to over 150 truck driving professionals with a base pay of $50,000 to $58,000 while getting home after every single shift.
Our vision is to recognize people that do the right thing so they know their impact on the success of the organization. The success of our company depends on people who are willing to dedicate their time to carrying out our vision. So why not put your CDL to use at a company that prides itself on treating you, the employee, like one of its customers?
Our roadboard fleet pays $.42 per mile with the opportunity to earn up to $.05 per mile more with our Pay for Performance Program.
In this fleet, drivers will work Monday-Friday and every 5th weekend, returning home at the end of each shift. Options to drive Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday are also available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a tractor trailer through all types of weather and traffic conditions
- Operate a commercial vehicle safely at all times and for extended periods
- Follow rules and regulations pertaining to driving
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations
- Back in 53’ trailer to dock to load/unload
- Hook and unhook tractor and raise and lower landing gear
- Maintain phone, radio, or PeopleNet communications with dispatch to get load/delivery instructions
- Verify load against shipping papers
- Communicate with shippers or receivers
- Maintain accurate and legible truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Load and unload trailer with mechanical devices
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water
- Perform emergency roadside repairs, install light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs
- Start the workday on-time and remain on-time for customers throughout the workday
- Regular attendance at work on a predictable schedule
CTS offers a strong benefits package, including:
- A 401(k) with CTS contributing 3 percent, no employee match needed, no vesting schedule
- Employee and family medical, dental, and vision plans with coverage options you choose
- $15,000 of company-paid life insurance and the option for the employee to buy more
- Paid vacation and holidays; vacation is paid using an average of the employee’s daily earnings from the previous quarter
- A referral program where the employee earns up to $500 for each referral hired
- Paid orientation
If this is an idea you can get behind, we urge you to apply now. Please call and speak to our recruiter at (920) 436-7910 extension 122 if you have any questions.