Home after every shift AND averaging 2,400 to 3,000 miles per week- APPLY NOW
In December of 2017 the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) mandate will go into effect in the US. There are currently over a half million trucks on the road that are not equipped. CTS has the resources and equipment to protect drivers from financial impact from the mandate with our drivers averaging 2,400 to 3,000 miles weekly AND our drivers are home after every shift.
If you’re not already driving for CTS, the ELD mandate could have a big impact on your future. If your current company has no plan or has yet to implement the devices, your future paycheck could be substantially impacted. Let us explain why.
- A survey of 400 companies that currently don’t have ELD’s, resulted in 17% of the owners stating they have no intention of doing so and are going to shut the business down come December.
- Assuming all companies stayed in business, just the implementation of the device will result in a reduction in capacity anywhere from 5.2% to 7.1%. A reduction in capacity is a kinder way of saying less miles for those drivers which equates to smaller paychecks.
- Even if your company intends to implement later this year, they are going to have to increase rates to pay for the devices while getting less miles. This could mean you won’t be hauling that business because your company is less competitive now.
Why is CTS the right place to go?
- We are 100% ELD equipped and have been for years
- Our drivers are home daily
- Depending on what driving job you take, we have drivers averaging 2,400 to 3,000 miles weekly and home every night
- We have been awarded some major new business with new customers because we are already ELD outfitted
- We have a large trailer pool, which is the key to helping our drivers get the maximum they can get with ELD’s
- We currently run a 7.2:1 trailer to tractor ratio
- The industry average is anywhere between 2.8-3.2:1
- Most companies our size (150 trucks) would have 450 trailers, we have 1,020 trailers
- This means more drop and hook business both at the shipper and consignee which means more time driving miles
- Our drivers made 11,000 more than the industry average in 2016
- More money, more time with family, and ahead of the curve for the December 2017 ELD mandate
Give us a call or apply now to get set up for success in 2017 and beyond.