Maintenance Positions at CTS
A STRONG career starts with CTS. We are currently looking for a Diesel Fleet Mechanic. Keep reading to see if CTS is the right career path for you!
At CTS we work hard to get drivers home every night and we are always looking to add to our team with dedicated and professional talent that is team-focused, service-oriented and quick-thinking. At CTS, we are proud to change the trucking industry norms. It’s what makes us CTS STRONG. Below are the current positions we are looking to hire.
Diesel Fleet Mechanic
A CTS STRONG Tractor/Trailer Mechanic must display thorough and proven knowledge of diesel engines and diesel engine repair with exceptional attention to detail. The individual is responsible for providing quality workmanship while improving efficiency and reducing costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned
- Diverse knowledge of vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance
- Hydraulics, electronics, and brake experience required
- Adjusting and relining brakes, aligning wheels, tightening bolts and screws, and reassembling equipment
- Diagnosing failures of vehicles, disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary
- Inspecting, testing and listening to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges
- Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Inspecting brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other vital parts to ensure proper operating condition
- Attaching test instruments to equipment, and reading dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions
- Comply with all safety and industry regulations for all work processes
- Strong communication skills and decision making capabilities
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engine rebuilding knowledge
- Follow proper process for obtaining and tracking parts
- Demonstrate knowledge through clear written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in mechanical or diesel technology, certification in diesel mechanics, with 1 – 3 years’ experience with diesel mechanics and related parts, or equivalent experience
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- CDL is helpful but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to lift or exert force up to 80 pounds on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work takes place near moving mechanical parts, with exposure to fumes and airborne particles, welding fumes, sparks and gases. There is potential to be exposed to outside work in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, but individuals must be able to focus and complete high quality work despite ongoing interruptions.