Operational Positions at CTS
A STRONG career starts with CTS.
For all other positions, keep reading to see if CTS is the right career path for you!
At CTS we work hard to get drivers home every night and we are always looking to add to our team with dedicated and professional talent that is team focused, service oriented and quick thinking. At CTS, we are proud to change the trucking industry norms. It’s what makes us CTS STRONG.
IT Support Specialist
This position is responsible for monitoring system performance, application availability and business continuance along with a high degree of End User desktop support. The position focuses on Windows application technologies including, but not limited to, MS Windows 7, MS Office 2016 family, MS Server 2008/2012 environments, O365 Exchange/SharePoint, SQL Server 2008/2012.
Responsibilities will include involvement with project development and implementation as it relates to Transportation industry specific applications. This will be a supervised position with a high level of independence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- Other duties may be assigned
- Monitor and collaboratively troubleshoot network/server performance and connectivity issues
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and general support of systems and server environments
- Assist in maintaining documentation (knowledge) for installing and troubleshooting issues in specified areas of responsibility
- Assist IT management with administrative policies and procedures related to technical problem resolution and prioritization of system support and maintenance
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and End User requests for technical support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Technical aptitude and ability to research and solve simple to intermediate complexity issues
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently
- Willingness to work additional hours when necessary
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Certification(s) in area of specialty is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in area of specialty is preferred
- MCP/MCSA or equivalent Microsoft Certification is a plus
- 2+ years of experience working in a MS Server 2008/2012 LAN/WAN environment recommended
- Experience with enterprise applications such as: Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Exchange, Active Directory, VM platforms recommended
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but individual must be able to focus and complete high quality work despite ongoing interruptions.