Operational Positions at CTS
A STRONG career starts with CTS.
We are currently looking to hire a Transportation Coordinator to join our team that upholds our driving values of service before self, working for the team, breaking through barriers, and responding quickly and decisively.
At CTS we work hard to get drivers home every night and we are always looking to add to our team with dedicated and professional talent that is team focused, service oriented and quick thinking. At CTS, we are proud to change the trucking industry norms. It’s what makes us CTS STRONG.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned
- Take orders from customers and confirm on-time fulfillment
- Coordinate pickup and delivery appointments to ensure timely customer deliveries
- Plan effective delivery routes and assign drivers for best possible scheduled deliveries
- Build customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Monitor truck movements and internal/external conditions affecting movements and ensure appropriate actions are taken to meet driver and public safety as well as customer demands
- Liaison to drivers, report with top management
- Dispatch drivers, equipment and personnel to customer requests in accordance with established company policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the supervision of drivers
- Answer incoming telephone calls and evaluate/direct calls to appropriate personnel
- Obey all company safety, regulatory and compliance policies
- Must work well in a team environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or a candidate in their last year of a Bachelor’s degree program in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge of DOT regulations is preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to lift or exert force up to 80 pounds on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but individual must be able to focus and complete high quality work despite ongoing interruptions.